As you probably know, stop smoking, but its effects will last for years.
Nicotine gets absorbed through the mucous lining in the mouth, nose, and lungs, as well as through the skin, after just ten seconds of inhaling the cigarette smoke. Then, it travels through the bloodstream all the way to the brain. This toxic chemical can cause insulin resistance and insulin sensitivity, increased risk of metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes.
It also affects pituitary hormones, thyroid hormones, adrenal hormones, and sex hormones. Here are the foods that can help you eliminate nicotine and other toxic chemicals from your body:
1. Water – The true elixir of life that eliminates all toxins from our body through the skin. What’s more, nicotine causes dehydration, so we need to drink enough water to re-hydrate our body. The recommended daily intake of water is 8 to 12 cups.
2. Broccoli – This healthy vegetable is rich in vitamin C and B5, and prevents lung damage.
3. Spinach – This food is high in folic acid and vitamins, and gives tobacco a bad taste.
4. Dry herbs – They are high in vitamins A and E, and decrease the amount of nicotine in the body.
5. Berries – They effectively eliminate toxic chemical from the body.
6. Oranges – This fruit is rich in vitamin C, reduces stress, and improves the metabolism.
7. Kiwi – It restores vitamin A, C, and E that are depleted when smoking.
8. Carrot juice – The vitamins A, B, C, and K contained in the carrot juice flush out nicotine from the body. These vitamins restore the skin glow otherwise lost by the absorbed nicotine.
9. Pomegranate – This fruit helps blood cell count and blood circulation.
All of you who want to try quitting cigarettes, or even those who don’t consider this option but do want to detox their body from cigarette toxins, we recommend adding these foods in your everyday diet.